Initial letting fee: £150.00 Payable by the landlord at the beginning of each tenancy
Monthly management fee: 15%

Service Includes:

  • Collect and remit the monthly rent received
  • Agree the market rent and find a tenant in accordance with the landlord terms of business
  • Advise on refurbishment
  • Provide guidance on compliance with statutory provisions and letting consents
  • Market the property and advertise on the relevant portals
  • Carry out accompanied viewings
  • Pursue non-payment of rent and provide advice on rent arrears
  • Deduct commission and other works
  • Advise all relevant utility providers of changes
  • Undertake quarterly inspection visits.
  • Arrange routine repairs and instruct approved contractors (providing for quotes for relevant works)
  • A full Inventory of the property before the start of the tenancy
  • Registering and Holding the Deposit Protection service (DPS)


Finding a tenant, preparation of tenancy agreement: Minimum Fee £300.00 or 50% first month’s rent, whichever is greater.

Service Includes:

  • Agree the market rent and find a tenant in accordance with the landlord terms of business
  • Collect and remit the first initial months’ rent received
  • Carry out occupied viewings
  • Provide guidance on compliance with statutory provisions and letting consents
  • Market the property and advertise on relevant portals
  • Provide the tenant with Landlord Information
  • Deduct any Pre Tenancy Invoices that may be relevant


Costs of inventories are to be charged as follows; 1 and 2 bed property – £100.


Cost of EPC: £60.00

An EPC is required as follows:

  • Individual house/dwelling (i.e. a self-contained property with its own kitchen/bathroom facilities) &- one EPC for the dwelling.
  • Self-contained flats (i.e. each behind its own front door with its own kitchen/bathroom facilities) – one EPC per flat.
  • Bedsits or room lets where there is a shared kitchen, toilet and/or bathroom (e.g. a property where each room has its own tenancy agreement) – No EPC is required.
  • Shared flats/houses (e.g. a letting of a whole flat or house to students/young professionals etc on a single tenancy agreement) – one EPC for the whole house.
  • Mixed self-contained and non-self-contained accommodation – one EPC for each self-contained flat/unit but no EPC for the remainder of the property.
  • A room in a hall of residence or hostel – no EPC is required.
  • Listed properties – no EPC required

There are fixed penalties for failing to provide an EPC/make one available when required. The fixed penalty for dwellings is £200 per dwelling. 


What responsibilities do landlords have?

A landlord is required by law to ensure:

  • that the electrical installation in the property is safe when a tenancy begins
  • that the electrical installation is maintained in a safe condition throughout the tenancy, and /li>
  • any appliance provided is safe and has at least the CE marking (which is the manufacturer’s claim that it meets all the requirements of European law)./li>

In order to meet the requirements a landlord will need to carry out regular basic safety checks to ensure the electrical installation and appliances remain in good working order.A good landlord should have an electrical inspection carried out by an electrician before a new tenant moves in. If you have done this, a copy of the inspection report (known as a periodic inspection report) should be made available to the tenant and if the appliances have been checked then each electrical appliance in the property should have a PAT (portable appliance test) sticker on the plug showing the date it was tested. 

There are 3 types of test forms:

  • 1. A Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate – To be issued on a new installation / when a fuse board has been changed and when a new circuit is added.
  • 2. A Domestic Electrical Installation Periodic Inspection Report – To be issued when an electrical test has been carried out on a property to determine the current condition of an electrical installation and the items that need rectifying for the installation to be deemed safe.
  • 3. A Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate – To be issued only for minor electrical works that do not include the provision of new circuit only alterations to an existing Circuit.

We have are able to supply a quote with an electrician on behalf of a landlord or alternatively are happy for a landlord to arrange this independently by a qualified electrician.

Telephone :
O : 01446 731188
M : 07507 436061

Address :
Cardiff House,
Cardiff Road,
Vale Of Glamorgan,
CF63 2AW.
Google Maps >>>

View all properties :